Farm-to-table food safety includes packaging
Does your Packaging Measure Up?
Food companies are required to ensure packaging for their products is safe for its intended use, is yours?
- Does the packaging material meet regulatory compliance?
- Did you verify the allergen risk for your packaging?
- Has the risk of chemical migration into the food been considered?
- Do the materials stand up during your processing application?
- Have you considered how the package will be affected by consumer use?
- Is the packaging produced, stored, handled, and shipped in a manner that is safe for food contact?
- Is the packaging traceable back to the raw material?
IFS PACsecure certified companies deliver packaging that can be trusted.
Mariana Borella Camera, Garantia da Qualidade Fornecedores - Embalagens, BRF
We chose to indicate the IFS PACSecure Standard to our suppliers by understanding that in addition to the document evaluation, IFS PACSecure guidelines are oriented to direct evaluations in the production processes. Evaluations with this focus brings benefits to the audited process and confidence for clients on ensuring compliance with the proposed standards."